Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Swap: Summer Holiday Sunset


OK OK OK OK... I've been such a slacker -- I guess that's summer for ya.
I got this phenomenal quilt in the mail from Leah at Pugglelogic. (We both participated in the Four Seasons Quilt Swap). She also sent along some goodies for me -- a fabric that represents her homeland of Australia and some gorgeous embroidery floss skeins. I am so grateful to her for putting such thought into this little art piece. She -- like me -- is a stay-at-home mom with young children. So I know the kind of effort it requires to first get to the sewing machine, let alone create something with zing.

The sunset she has created is peaceful and warm. Her stitching is great and I love how closely the quilting comes together in parts. It's really perfect. She also used a technique of laying another layer of fabric -- almost like a two-sided flange -- onto the quilt to create surf. The dimension is just right (without getting all fussy). To me it just says, "Can I bring you another zombie?"

I don't know how she did it, but she created something that resonates with me and my personality.

Thank you Leah! You're a gem.

No comments: