Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Knits! This Time A Dress...


Back in October when I was up to my ears in Halloween costumes I cut out a knit dress. It's pattern McCall's 5379.

I used the bodice of C and the waist of A. And it was pretty easy, whipped together in a snap. I only ran into problems on the chest. Basically I have NO chest and my dress form does, so when I put it on it was pretty big in the up top, if you know what I mean.

I think I'd like to tackle the pattern, or another like it. But this time I'll be sure to use a ball point needle that corresponds with the weight of the fabric. I didn't this time. Partly because I didn't know I needed to, and partly because I started the project at midnight. Where does one find a ball point needle at midnight? You don't, so I forged ahead and learned my lesson.

This dress has yet to see the light of day. But I'm hoping to bust it out of my closet, soon.

No comments: