Sunday, February 12, 2012

Custom Order: Henry's Debut

I've had a very special assignment, sewing the outfit worn by my newest nephew on the day his parents introduced him to their church and the world.


I only wish I could have been there in person and not states away to see him in this little suit.

I followed an older Simplicity pattern. I wouldn't call it vintage but it was a reproduction. I used basic white Oxford weave and made the pin-tucks with contrast red thread. I haven't had much success with a snap setter, so, I sewed plastic snaps in the legs for easy diaper changing.

The buttons on the front are for show and feature little red rocking horses. Basic clear acrylic buttons make the opening in the back. The pattern called for shorts, but it is winter, so I lengthened the legs to make trousers. Happy with the result.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

And it was so so so beautiful. You are so talented, and we are so thankful that you were willing to make it for us and little Henry. It fit him like a glove.