Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book Review: Handmade Home, Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures

Are you effin' kidding me!?!?! That's all I can think of this book.

Sorry Amanda Blake Soule, I'm sure you're a really great gal, interesting author, even. But we don't speak the same craft speak. May I call attention to pp 73 and the "women's cloth" project. No. Thank. You.

If there is one thing that I am grateful for, it is being born after 1929, when the modern tampon was first produced. I acknowledge we are a disposable society, addicted to our environmental sins. But really?

Let's see, aside from that memorable entry, the other projects are lackluster and a little half baked. I found them to be a recycled collection of popular projects widely published online and offered for free. Does the world really need another pillowcase dress?

No comments: