Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Swap: Lone Tree


I'm returning to the tree theme this season for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap. Sadly, this might be my last quilt in this swap. I'm just getting so busy. I don't know if I can continue.

This quilt is not quite done. Still needs the hard stuff, quilting, binding, washing, mailing, etc. But I should make the deadline. In fact, I've got to get it in the mail this week as we are traveling a great deal of July. Wish me luck.

I'll talk more about the choices when I send it off and I know the partner has it. Otherwise, might give away too much. (The label is blurred to conceal her identity -- well, there you go, I'm not sewing for the one guy in the group.) I did hand embroider the label and learned that I loathe embroidery on black fabric. Maybe if I could find a better way to mark the fabric I'd try it again. I do like the contrast.

1 comment:

Katlyn said...

Wow! Looks great!!!