Thursday, October 29, 2009

Costume: LEGO Castle Guy


Happy Halloween! Well, almost. And as you know by now, I've been making all kinds of costumes and having a great time doing it. This one is for a 4 1/2 year old boy who wanted nothing more than to look like the LEGO Castle guy. That is how I found myself make costume pattern simplicity 5520. I have now made 3 of the 4 options.


This was my first time sewing this plastic/vinyl stuff. Was pretty easy to work with, expect for the part where you can't use an iron, nor pins. But I did use a lot of cello tape and managed it just fine. There is "warm and natural" quilt batting inside and scraps from a sheet on the back.


The tunic is made from velvet and the chain is a synthetic fabric we found at a local fabric store. It was a little like working with pantyhose and runs easily. I made all seams with my serger's rolled hem.

PS -- I even made something for myself. See it here, first, on Halloween.

No comments: