Thursday, December 27, 2007

Book Review: Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts, Joelle Hoverson

I love going to the library, or actually surfing the library Web site, and checking out craft and sewing books. I have 2-5 checked out at all time. Sometimes I photo copy patterns I want to try. But mostly I just poor over the delicious photographs of perfectly staged craft projects. My newest find...

Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson

Let's face it, not a lot of hard stuff in here. But the book's look is fabulous. I love the simple pictures and copious explanations. I'm going to try a little bit of everything from this book. Might even break down and buy one. It's no coincidence that this book's author is a partner at purlsoho... one of my favorite online shops for fabric and fibers.

Highly recommended for the budding crafter who likes to sew.

No comments: