Sunday, December 30, 2007

Book Review: Martha Stewart’s indispensable handbook for creating a comfortable and beautiful home and caring for everything in it, Martha Stewart

I checked out “Martha’s indispensable handbook for creating a comfortable and beautiful home and caring for everything in it.” It is 744 pages long. Do you think she wrote it in prison? I nearly fell out of the chair I was sitting in when I came across a grid of data for mattress dimensions and “cot” is listed. Good for you Martha. Now, I’m returning this book because the only thing it’s good for in my household is a footstool. By: Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one!! I checked this out of the library myself a few weeks ago, and I was waiting for some magical, revolutionary hommaking skills. Instead, I found out the best layout for a kitchen, bathroom, dining room, etc. Okay, we know Martha's rich and has like 10 homes and can have the best of everything. I just wanted to some hints on taking care of my apartment. Heck, I can't even change the wall color, let alone design the layout of my laundry closet. I guess when you're as successful as Martha (translation: you can pay someone to take care of all of your stuff for you) you forget the practical, every-day aspects of taking care of a home--or at least how to reach readers like me.