Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Love Bird, Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts


This is intended to be a Christmas ornamnet, but I opted to fill it with lavender and lentils and make it a sweet smelling closet ornament. Takes very, very, very little fabric and will be my new go-to craft to use up scraps. It's in the Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts book. It was described as needing about 45 minutes to complete. Actually takes only about 30 minutes (and that's if you put up with the nightmare business of getting lavendar into a tiny bird). I can see that this could be a very nice gift for Christmas and if I start now I might actually be able to make a lot of them before December 2008. Seriously, very good for scrap busting.

PS -- Will probably tackle just about every project in this book. Not because I love them all, but because I love most and the rest look fun. Good gifting in there.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Hi, Hooli!
Your bird is very cute! and your winter quilt swap quilt is gorgeous!!!!
These winter trees looks very delicate and elegant!
Thank you for sharing us your pictures. :-)