Monday, January 7, 2008

Memory Lane Game: Laurie Smith Fabrics

Here's the board game I made for my husband's sister's family. I'm worried as I still don't think it's made it to its destination, London. I might be starting over and making it all over, again. This time with hand delivery in February.
The idea came from a magazine. But then, of course, I had to put my own spin on it. Changed up the board (by sewing it) and making the game pieces relevant to their lives. It has trivia questions and list building tools so that everyone can get to know each other better.
The winner gets a coupon for something really great like... control of the TV for a night. For the most part I used Laurie Smith fabrics, but the box was a purchase from Container Store. For my version of the rules, just send me an e-mail.

3 comments:

aimee ferre said...

Very sweet. What a bummer it potentially got lost in the shipping. I think I saw something like this in Family Fun, (yes, I subscribe). Your interpretation is clever. I would love to have a copy of your instructions to the game.

kirkzanne said...

A note from the recipient. It finally made it to its destination and boy were we excited. I brought it out the other day when a few of my friends were here for lunch and they ooed and awed over it the whole time. I think they were itching to play but I had to draw the line somewhere. We will be playing this on Monday and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again Julia for a wonderful gift. (Everyone loved the fabric BTW!) You are amazing.

Marni said...

I'm (very last minute!) working on one of these right now. I would love a copy of your rules. For our version I'm thinking different categories of cards rather than just one stack, so the spaces would say which stack to choose from. marnisueh at yahoo.