Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What Am I Doing?


I have been wanting something I can do with my hands while I watch TV with my husband and boys. You can't very well lug the machine up... so I tried knitting. That went over like a fart in church. Then crocheting. That's a little like knitting, but even more confusing.
So, I fell into embroidery this week. This might work. Granted, I need a lesson. It reminds me of crisp clean pillow cases lined up in my mother's linen closet. I don't know if she embroidered them or if my grandmothers and great-grandmothers did, but they were so pretty I felt like I was sinning when I touched them. Well, I didn't actually feel like that, but I did think I would get in trouble. If you know what I mean.
Anyway... thought I'd give it a spin. I don't know what I'm doing. And it looks like a 3rd grader did it. But, I can do it in front of the TV. So, there you have it... something new I'm going to try to do.

2 comments:

lera said...

I've been embroidering tonight, too.

aimee ferre said...

You are just a crafting woman these days. "Do something creative everyday" seems to be the mantra. Go Hooli!