Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Redemption

I was so humiliated by my performance on the PJ pants that I quickly whipped out this little tote.
I started with the pattern in Last Minute Patchwork and Quilt Gifts, but then had to put my own spin on it. For some reason I love putting twill tape under bias tape, and then of course I added some big 'ol pockets inside. Other than that, dimensions and everything were great as laid out in the pattern. Oh wait, I also added some details that I thought made it look more expensive, triple stitching around the top, and some top stitching at the seams, etc.



Now, just need to decide who will get this cute little tote. As charming as it is, I wish that I had a blue fabric to go with it. I'm ready to breakup with green.

PS -- All the materials were left-overs. The twill tape was a left over from the harvest/log tote I made my grandparents. The fabric is Laurie Smith fabric that I've used in just about everything I've made since July 07. It's called Freer, or something like that. I picked it up at a Hancock Fabrics in Idaho for about $2/yard. Great deal.

2 comments:

aimee ferre said...

I bought this same fabric a few years ago. I ended up making several runners to go with Chinese dish sets for a gift show. It really is cool fabric. I can't find the Laurie Smith line anymore. Maybe that is why you got it at a discount.

You certainly redeemed yourself. Neat bag!

Katlyn said...

You have to show me how to make this tote!