Saturday, January 30, 2010

Last One, I Think


Armed with another remnant from my shopping spree at Denver Fabrics (the Mood of the west) I tackled that Simplicity pattern, again. It is Simplicity 2560 and a combination of versions. It has the front hem of A and the sleeves of C.

With my trusty serger I was able to use a 2-thread rolled hem. I read in my manual that a 2-thread rolled hem looks the same on either side -- more suited to an edge like this that can be seen. (The 3-thread rolled edge supposedly has a front and a back.). I used a basic overlock for all the other construction seams. It took 2 hours to whip together.



I stand by my original feels about this patter. Easy and easy to alter. Get it. As this is my third knit cardi in about 3 weeks... I think I might need to retire the pattern until spring.


PS -- Against all photographic evidence, neither my dress form, nor I, have a front bum.

3 comments:

Katlyn said...

I need to try to make one of these!

laurel said...

That is amazing...

Claudia said...

So so so so cute!