Tuesday, January 5, 2010

See You Next Year


I appreciate the fact that most of you have taken down your Christmas decorations. But I took the gracious words, "finish at your leisure" quite literally on my last custom order. Thankfully the client knew I needed to spend some time with my family during the holiday rush and let me finish the stocking for the pets in their family when I could get to it.


Lucky for her, that meant I scored some velvet and Christmas prints at rock-bottom prices. And with the spare time I always seem to have on Christmas day -- when all the house is playing with its new toys -- I chose to adorn this last stocking with hand beading. See, good things DO come to those who wait.


PS -- The Pièce de résistance of this project is the lining. It is little cat angels adorned in Christmas gowns. What good hunting dog wouldn't want that in their stocking?!?!?!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

very wonderful....it's a dog's life takes on new meaning.